by A Marine Surveyor with 40 Years Experience
Buyers' Guide to Outboard Boats
Selecting and Evaluating New and Used Boats
by David Pascoe
Dedicated for Offshore Type
Specifically targeted to
the open water outboards market
This book shows you how to cut through the fog of marketing hype and get to the heart of the matter - buying a quality, reliable product that has the kind of performance you want.
Illustrated with over 140
real life photos and drawings
New Boats - Used Boats
- Learn to make your own assessment of boat quality
- What constitutes good design and bad
- Why so many boat builders make serious mistakes. What to look for and how to avoid them.
- Sea worthiness: The right boat for the right waters.
- Performance Issues: Why do some boats perform better than others?
- How to avoid trim problems.
- Ergonomics: The art of designing products that fit your body size. Nowhere is it more important than with a boat.
- Navigating the turmoil of the outboard motor market.
- Choosing the right power options: Outboard, inboard or stern drive.
- Critical elements of boat rigging
- Stress cracks: What do they mean?
- How to research prices and market values
- A Guide to Discriminating Buyers
by David H. Pascoe
Publisher: D. H. Pascoe & Co., Inc.
David Pascoe - Biography
- Chapter 1
- Basic Considerations for First-time Buyers
- Chapter 2
- Boat Types & Hull Design Basics
- Chapter 3
- Hull Construction
- Chapter 4
- Evaluating Boat Hulls
- Chapter 5
- Power Options
- Chapter 6
- Cockpits, Motors and Trim
- Chapter 7
- Stress Cracks, Finishes and Surface Defects
- Chapter 8
- Details & Design
- Chapter 9
- Used Motors
- Chapter 10
- The New Outboard Motor Market
- Chapter 11
- Boat Rigging
- Chapter 12
- Research, Pricing and Shopping
- Chapter 13
- The Art of the Deal
- 272 pages
This book is not a compilation of articles from this web site.
For One Book Order
For Total $50.00 and Over Order (One title or Multiple titles - 15% discount)
Payment will be processed by PayPal.
No PayPal account or sign-up is necessary. Simply choose credit or debit card payment.
- PayPal processing
- Authorization amount for Over $200.00 orders
- Shipping Options on PayPal forms
Over 70 countries
No Telephone Orders.
If you have any questions, please send us email.
D. H. Pascoe & Co., Inc.